Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1 - Happy New Year

Challenge has started. But because this is the new year and I spent the whole day at the inlaw's place, I only managed to think about what I wanted to do today. In the end, with 15 min to the end of new year's day, i worked on my standing forward bend - uttanasana.

I'll be working on this daily, here and there as this is the pose I want to achieve this month, and hopefully i get a chance to do a proper set tomorrow.

This might prove useful for running. 

Benefits

  • Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
  • Stimulates the liver and kidneys
  • Stretches the hamstrings, calves, and hips
  • Strengthens the thighs and knees
  • Improves digestion
  • Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
  • Reduces fatigue and anxiety
  • Relieves headache and insomnia
  • Therapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, infertility, osteoporosis, and sinusitis

No comments:

Post a Comment